Top EHR Software Solutions for Cardiology Practices
Compare electronic health records systems designed to meet the unique needs of cardiologists.
Cardiology is one of the most demanding specializations in medicine. Cardiologists can be found in the frontlines of emergency implementations, surgery efforts, and even research and development. As such, having an electronic medical record (EMR) system is a must for every cardiologist, as it would help them manage a lot of the paperwork involved in their specialization.
Here are some of the ways that cardiologists make use of EMRs:
- For tracking patient health over time. Patients with heart problems often require long term care. It’s easy to see how a patient is doing every time he has an appointment, but it is difficult to track overall health over time without an EMR. An EMR will enable cardiologists to keep track of various medications, tests, and procedures for each patient over a number of years in order to see what is working and what is not.
- For more efficient research. Like all medical specializations, studying and researching about cardiology never stop. After all, there is always some new development that needs to be learned and updated. Having patient data already stored electronically allows for a more efficient analysis of patient data in any study. A cardiology-specific EMR ensures that patient data will already be sorted and processed in a specialized fashion. It also reveals clinic trends in patient data, enabling cardiologists to see potential research opportunities more readily.
- For multi-system integration. No matter how multi-faceted cardiology is, it cannot work alone. A specialized EMR can help integrate outside systems such as hospital electronic health records (EHRs), outside labs, specialists, and pharmacies into the system.
- For making an audit trail. It is important for a cardiology clinic to have its own system of checks and balances. Audit trails automatically store information on who entered what data and the time and date it was entered. There are also cardiology EMRs that couple this with MD signoffs to ensure the highest quality of stored data.
- For data analysis and patient safety. Tracking the safety and effectiveness of new drugs and devices just got easier with EMRs. Clinicians are using EMRs to analyze patient data and see what is working and what is not in that patient’s treatment regimen. It can even spot problems in drugs and devices before it even becomes a bigger problem.
Among the most popular EMRs for cardiology are the following:
- MediTouch EHR Software. This completely web-based EMR can be accessed in devices as well, as it is designed for fast and efficient usability. It includes a complete EHR and practice management system.
- ADP AdvancedMD EHR and Practice Management Software. This is one of the leaders in web-based EHRs and practice management systems as it offers a range of applications for small, medium, and large organizations, all delivered over the web.
- Greenway Health. Founded in 1998, Greenway Health is led by a seasoned executive team and offers an extremely powerful set of functionalities combined with an intuitive user interface.
Complete the quote below to compare quotes and features for the leading EHR systems that can meet your organization’s needs.