eClinicalWorks EMR Software Review
eClinicalWorks, LLC is a privately-held company providing ambulatory EHR clinical solutions.
Its technology extends the use of electronic health records beyond hospitals and clinics and creates community-wide records. The company has an established customer base of more than 100,00 physicians and 600,000 users across all 50 states.
Location: Westborough, Massachusetts (headquarters), with offices in New York, New York; Pleasanton, California; Alpharetta, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois; and Austin, Texas
- Skilled workforce. eClinicalWorks takes pride in teamwork and collaboration internally and with its clients, thus improving healthcare through technology and services that reduce costs, reduce errors, and improve the quality of care.
- Widely recognized. eClinicalWorks has won numerous accolades over the years, including being recognized by IDC and being named as one of Inc. Magazine’s 500 list of the fastest-growing private companies.
- Gives back to the community. eClinicalWorks has an eCWellness Team that brings physical health and charitable activities to the company, such as building a house for Habitat for Humanity, holding a Breast Cancer Awareness fundraiser, and hosting an American Red Cross blood drive.
- Free conversion and no startup costs. Customers live using eClinicalWorks solutions because it does not have startup costs, offers free on-site implementation training, and offers free conversion if you are switching over from a previous electronic health record system.
- Lack of investments in research and development. Although eClinicalWorks offers a variety of services and solutions, it does not have a lot of activities when it comes to research and development. This could be detrimental to the company in the long run as it strives to keep up with the latest healthcare technology trends.
- Web-based software. While customers generally love the intuitive interface of eClinicalWorks’ software, it is largely web-based, so it does not appeal to customers who want something that they can host themselves and control on-site.
eClinicalWorks’ mission is to improve healthcare by providing technologies and services that improve the quality of health care through reduction of costs and errors. It aims to do this through the following products and services:
- eClinicalWorks v10 (EHR Suite). This is an award-winning system that helps streamline workflow and communication through the eClinicalWorks Practice Management system. It is also fully customizable, accommodating how providers like to work.
- Population health (CCMR). It is a single vendor solution for integrated analytics and care coordination brought together in a unified platform. It also delivers high value to the community in terms of quality improvement, care management, and reduced costs across the care continuum.
- Patient engagement. eClinicalWorks has ha number of products that foster patient engagement, including healow, a suite of tools focused on making communication between providers and patients secure, easy, and convenient. Other products include the Patient Portal and Messenger 5.0.
- Revenue cycle management. This is eClinicalWorks’ integrated cloud-based solution for the billing industry that allows expert billers to safely handle back-office operations directly through the eClinicalWorks application.
Compare the leading EHR systems for free. Just tell us a little more about your needs: